I was having this problem for a while now and I did almost everything before like normal fixation. But then I got to know that this problem is happening because of the latest updates. And for working for a while now we have a permanent solution which definitely is going to work for you.
Let’s talk about this problem first where is this happening. First, if you are trying to use the Microsoft Edge web browser and if you try to type in the address bar of this browser it is not going to take the input but this is a software problem. It is not a hardware problem for a moment I thought that this is a hardware problem but I finally found that this is a software issue.
The same thing will happen in the Cortona and Microsoft store and when windows programs are not taking the input you will not be able to find the programs and apps or you won,t to able to use your browser for writing anything. So basically windows don’t accept any keyboard inputs in the Microsoft edge, Search, Microsoft store and lock screen.
Sometimes the language bar is also missing in the taskbar of your windows even it was missing in mine.
Now let us talk about the reason for this issue:-
There is a bug in windows 10 and that came with the latest update of the windows. This problem is happening because of an application “ctfmon.exe” also know as CTF Loader. And it always comes pre-installed with Windows 10 and the work of this application is to recognize speech, handwriting, language schemes, etc. This application can be found in C:\Windows\system32 folder as shown below in the picture.
That was the problem and cause of the problem.
Solution or Fixation
Fixation is very simple if you follow the steps as mentioned below:-
- Open Run box by holding the windows key + R or hold the Windows key and hit the letter R you will get the Run box.
- Now Type C:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe in Run and hit OK.
- Now you try and type something in Cortana or in Microsoft Edge and windows will accept all your keyboard inputs.
Important:- For permanent fixation, you have to add value in Registry of the Windows 10. So that ctfmon.exe starts automatically.
And to add ctfmon.exe in the registry to start automatically follow these steps very carefully.
- Press Windows + R to open Run windows and type RegEdit and hit OK. Now you will see the registy of the windows 10.
- Now you have to go to the following key as mentioned
3. On the right side, Create a new string and put the value C:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe and save it.
Now close the registry and restart the computer and use it and I am very sure that this solution has fixed the problem of your computer it is taking the input of the keyboard.